I can't make this project work

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Edited Feb 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Hi,

first, thanks for the work that has been made on this project, but for me i can't make it work, i don't know why but if you can make a tutorial or some thing like that, because i don't know what i missed, and what is the prerequises for this project.

when i want to start it in IE it give me "Editing not supported", and when i want to start it in Firefox it open office and want to download the file from server (IIS Express) but it gives me "impossible to open file http://localhost:46961/wordstorage/Test-2.docx".

any Help please.

Thanks,
Feb 19, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Finally, I resolve it !!
I think we have firstly to enable webdav on IIS (I did it on my local IIS based on this link http://www.iis.net/learn/install/installing-publishing-technologies/installing-and-configuring-webdav-on-iis#002 ), and then publish a virtual directory in which you will have your files, so after you will specify it on the javascript in the Index.cshtml and make it work.

Now i want to know why when i publish a virtual directory in the application i have this error "unable to load the type 'PetkaWebDav.Handlers.FileSystemWebDavHandler'. " please can you let me know the reason why is given me that.

Thanks a lot
Feb 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Hi, I think i resolve one part of the probleme.

I have gone to my Virtual Directory and choose Handlers Mapping, and search for FileWebDavHandler and change the type to PetkaWebDav.Handler.FileSystem.FileSystemWebDavHandler, so now i haven't this error but iis respond that "the ressource is invalid or deleted" and when i want to open the file that exist in webdav folder from the application, it create me word file with read only and witch contains the login page like content.

Can any one Help in that
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Hi,

One thing for sure is that i didn't have to enable WebDav on IIS.

The whole point of this project for me was to have my custom WebDav and dont rely on IIS for it.

When you access a pseudo file like: ~/repository/myworddoc.aspx
  1. That file doesn't actually resides in a folder called "repository"
  2. That file can reside anywhere you like, Azure, Amazon, SQL, File etc
  3. Point of PetkaWebDav.Handlers.* is to specify where your files are and how to interact with them
  4. Every-time you access ~/repository/myworddoc.aspx, "repository" is a http handler that forwards your request to PetkaWebDav.Handlers.* which instead gets your file.
-p
Feb 23, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Hi, Thanks very much for responding,

So like i see the solution is more better than i expected before, so my question is how to "Point of PetkaWebDav.Handlers.* is to specify where your files are and how to interact with them" like you said?

because when i execute the project it gives me this error : "impossible to open file http://localhost:46961/wordstorage/Test-2.docx".

should i uncomment this lines in web.config
<!--<location path="wordstorage"> <system.web> <authorization> <deny users="?" /> </authorization> </system.web> </location>--> and implement some code in, because that i guess but i don't know how to.

Thank you for any help,
Feb 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Hi,

I was able to open file by changing this line in webServer configuration in web.config
  <add  verb="*" path="wordstorage" name="FileWebDavHandler" type="PetkaWebDav.Code.Handlers.FileSystemWebDavHandler, PetkaWebDav.Code"/>

by this one
  <add  verb="*" path="wordstorage" name="FileWebDavHandler" type="PetkaWebDav.Handler.FileSystem.FileSystemWebDavHandler, PetkaWebDav.Handler.FileSystem"/>
but the problem now is that the file is opened with read only and when i click on edit content button, tit still in read only mode.

For me Internet Explorer doesn't open the file, i think ActiveXObject('SharePoint.OpenDocuments.2') it's not recognized and i don't know why i have office 2010 already installed, so i execute the project in google chrome.

any help please,